Most children start school full-time in September after their fourth birthday. This means they’ll turn 5 during their first school year.

You don’t need to pay anything as school education is completely free. You need to drop off and pick up your child every day from school. There are no school bus or transport facilities available. You will be able to drop your child off earlier(early school club) and pick them up later(after school club) for your convenience. However, you might need to pay for it. Daycare centers are usually very expensive.

Up to 4 years old children can attend the local nurseries, you need to find your nearest nursery and apply for the place. Children who turn 4 on 1st Sep can attend the reception class, you need to apply for a place through the local council by 15th. There will be many schools available in the area and you can choose the school within your catchment area.

If you are moving into the UK or moving into another area within the UK, you need to apply for a place at a state primary school online or by using your local council’s application form.

Click here to find your local council, you need a valid postcode to find the council

Grammar Schools

grammar schools are run by the local authority, a foundation body, or an academy trust – they select their pupils based on academic ability and there is a test to get in. For example, securing admission to Navodaya/Sainik schools in India,

More information will be updated soon.

How to find the best school?

OFSTED(Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills) is responsible for routine inspections and rate the schools based on their performances. Click here to find the best school in your area.

Safeguarding children

Attitudes must change to working with and seeking help from the authorities. Legislation to prosecute people accused of child cruelty has been in force since the 1880s but it has taken a series of high-profile child abuse deaths and subsequent inquiries to establish the child protection system in the UK. If you are worried about a child. If you think a child, young person, or adult with care and support needs is at risk, of being abused or neglected, contact the social care team at their local council. If you have immediate concerns for the safety of yourself or others call 999.

You need to be aware that putting ethnic and cultural beliefs before the safety of a child can put you in danger.

click here for more details

Translate »